Friday, September 25, 2009

Pan Fried Chicken Tenders

Sorry, I forgot to take a picture, but I wanted to put this recipe on here because it was so good!

INGREDIENTS
1 pound chicken tenders
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 large or extra-large egg, beaten with 2 tablespoons milk
1 cup dried breadcrumbs, seasoned with salt, pepper, thyme, marjoram, garlic powder, and a little grated Parmesan cheese, all to taste
1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil (more if needed)

Recipe:
Pat the chicken dry with paper towels. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Dip each tender first in the flour, then the egg wash, then the breadcrumbs. Shake off excess and place on a baking or cooling rack. If time allows, chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to help the coating adhere to the chicken. Heat the oil, enough to generously cover the bottom of a large skillet, over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, being certain not to crowd the pan, and brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Place on cooling rack to drain. If desired, sprinkle with a little more salt. Serve immediately. These are also good warm, room temperature or cold.

Comments: We all loved this recipe, it was delicious! I didn't use all of the seasonings in the bread crumbs that it called for. I used 1/2 Italian bread crumbs and 1/2 regular bread crumbs with salt, pepper, garlic salt, and shredded parmesan cheese (all to taste). I also didn't let them sit in the fridge for 30 minutes and they still turned out really good. I would definitely recommend trying this recipe!

Recipe from http://teriskitchen.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have been trying out some new recipes and thought that a blog would be a good way to share the good ones with you guys. I have realized that I really enjoy cooking! I mostly look for meals that are quick and easy since my husband and I both work full time and he has school 2 nights a week. Also, if you guys have any good recipes that you like to make at home and want to share, send them my way at jessiesrecipeblog@gmail.com and I will put those on my blog as well.